The team at Shropshire Education Psychology Service wanted to find a way to be as fit and strong as possible in meeting the many modern challenges faced today. They were clear that, in order to do this, they need to be a totally united service.
At Sycol, we were delighted when Shropshire EPS asked us to put together a training day to support them in discussing their vision, direction and core values – their culture manifesto to drive innovation and improvement.
The session was conducted by Dr Ioan Rees and had five main aims:
- To identify and revise the Core Framework of the service
- To discuss its promotion as a brand identity and as a positive, client experience
- To identify key improvement needs (as innovations)
- To learn how to run successful team innovations/improvements
- To plan the timetable for an innovation cycle
At the end of the day the team were re-energised and had a clear and strategic plan for further development and improvement both in the short and middle term.
“Just wanted to let you know we are using your structures and very helpful guidance. We all valued the day and enjoyed the protected time to innovate and move the Service forward.”
Poppy Chandler, Principal Educational Psychologist